Tuesday, July 18, 2006

FixIt Before I Die

I work on the fourth floor. The office is usually pretty chilly, cold enough that the last secretary brought in a space heater to keep under the credenza. The financial director, director of advancement, director of corporate relations, and dean stay warm enough on normal days with suits, ties, and long sleeved collared shirts. This is just not a normal day. Maybe I'm just not familiar with how things are fixed in buildings like this, but to me it seems to take way to long. The main elevator was out for so long that I stopped even checking and just went straight to the one on the west end. Supposedly the fixit men were ordering parts from DC. Is DC the only place to make elevator parts? If so, that's weird, and if so, it still shouldn't have taken 3 months for them to come in. Now those fixit men are working on our air conditioning. I thought it was working splendidly. Maybe a little too well, even. But that is not a reason to turn it off completely for a week. Especially this week. A 90 degree day just doesn't say Let's-change-the-air-conditioning to me. Please, fixit men, get out of the ceiling so I can have my office and my space heater back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nata said...

i work at Windsor Halls at Purdue where there is no AC and the brick buildings store heat so that we always have a 90 degree day in the summer. even if it's 70 outside!

7:47 AM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger angela said...

lol i guess i'm just a baby!

1:48 PM, July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home